5.05.2005

We got some fish today...

Hmmm and you're like "So?" Well, these fish are not ordinary fish and they were very unplanned fish but I have to tell you about how they came to belong to my son Chandler.
We were at Wal-Mart right??? Okay, I hate Wal-Mart because I always spend bookoos of money there-I'm supposed to be saving by going there but I can NEVER get out under $100.00. (same with Costco) ANYHOW, we are going down the shampoo aisle getting NECESSITIES but the shampoo aisle is so conveniently placed right next to the fish tanks and EVERY time we go down that aisle I am incessantly bombarded witht he question "Can I get a fish?" (((Sigh))) I do so despise saying "No not this time" ALL the time so I mulled it over in my mind a bit as fish are not too expensive and I rallied with,"Well, okay but I think it would be best if we bought the fish for your classroom at school". That went over much better than I anticipated as Chandler visualized himself as the great hero of his classroom. So. He picks out a beautiful nice sized goldfish. We let Caeden pick out a .28 cent feeder fish. We have them in the bag. Now the new question is,"Can I carry the bag by myself?" I know you think I am so insane... Me, the kindhearted sensitive mommy that I am-I just KNOW Chandler's desire to show his fish off to anyone who will look his way-soooo-I-said------"Sure!!!! But be VEEEEEEERY careful or something may happen!!! You never know what!!!(in this case of course we DID know what could happen but, ahem, you got to know me by now, alittle on the dingy side.) I figured I would watch him EVER so carefully and I DID and he did GREAT!!!! You should have seen his beaming face each time someone would smile at him and say,"Wow! I like your fish!" It was so worth it. SO meanwhile, back in reality, I glance at my watch and realize I have less than 15 minutes to get to the register, purchase my cartful, exit the store and get in the car to go pick up big sis from school. Oh!!! We have to hurry guys!!! So we head to the oh so wonderful new SELF-CHECKOUTS we now have in our so modern Wally World(a WHOLE blog in itself-I HATE those things but they always look so much more inviting than the line that trails into the photo department) (((Sigh))) I actually made it through the process without any hang-ups can you believe it!!! I scanned the fish without a glich and handed them back to my dear sweet boy and instructed him AGAIN on his careful handling of the bag...I am now sliding my debit card through the slot...we are almost DONE with this creepy place when SPLAT...my foot and lower leg are drenched with OH MY GOD...FISH WATER!!!!!! I don't even WANT to look down but I do and there they are flopping all over the floor AT THE CHECKOUT STAND!!!!!!!! I really thought I was going to go bonkers that very moment. I raised my hand like a silly schoolgirl and yelled,"I need some help over here!!!" Oh it was such a moment in time. I got the help I needed-the girl came and scooped up the fish and they put them in a new bag and we were on our way!!! Can you guess who carried the fish bag out to the car??? You guessed!!! Um, I really can't blame a 6 year old for a busted fishbag can I?

6 comments:

Lori said...

Hey! I grew up in Elk Grove, Illinois. I always thought "There cannot BE another Elk Grove." But technically in Illinois it's Elk Grove Village. Do you have real elk in Elk Grove? We do in Elk Grove VILLAGE, Illinois! But they imported them from somewhere else. (Shh! Don't tell!)

Sue Flaska said...

Well, hell, we only live once. Imagine the great memories you created, and the blackmail you have on the little guy when he brings home his first girlfriend. You're a great mom!

Laura said...

you are so me too!
((((((hugs))))))
Laura

Anonymous said...

OHH Kari,
That was so hilarious and So like you.. your a great mommy! and you have a proud little boy! Good job!
love ya, and I miss you!
Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Hey I am having some trouble with this blog thing???
When I create a new post and then I publish it, I return and look @ it(looking for the new post) and it is there. But when I go to my blog that is saved in my fav's that new current post is not there. WHY? do you know? I have looked under the help menu here and it doesn't help me. HMM.... I have looked @ looked! ohh well just thought that when you get around to looking @ your email or making another entry that you would see this and hopefully(i will have it solved) you could help me. Pweetty pwease! LOL (this is how Kaley says it(Stef's daughter).. How r u?
Later gator!

alli:) said...

HAHA yep that sounds like u sis.morgan, never a dull moment with the kids!!

Followers

Blog Archive