I had a fiasco at the bakery when picking up her cake-it was nowhere to be found and once they "found" it (more like whipped it up real quick in the back) it wasn't even close to what I had ordered-solid white with plain pink writing "Happy Birthday". I had ordered this spectacular "My Little Pony" cake with a castle on it and everything and it was all I would settle for. It was quite humorous really because technically, Ava had no idea I was getting so frantic about this cake thing, she was in fact happily pushing her own little cart in the store and was gloating in her birthday glory while wearing her birthday best-the boots and petti you see in the pics. She had just taken a sharp turn in her glee and had toppled her cart over, spilling its contents. It wasn't a huge deal, I scolded her ever so gently for the spill, but as tenderhearted as she is, she was quite downcast and heartbroken at this latest turn of events...I used this to my advantage, and said to the negligent baker lady, "Do you think I can tell HER that she won't be having a "My Little Pony" cake?" The lady said, "Oh of course not honey, we'll get you your cake!" OMW I thought I was going to come unglued, I had this huge lump in my throat like I was going to cry, so I had to be really strong and tell them I was not paying for that pathetic looking cake but that I was not leaving without a cake. (this was 1 hour before the party started mind you!) Needless to say, I got my cake, a few gray hairs added to my collection but all went well after that.
Alls well that ends well!
4 comments:
Oh my word! I didn't realize that ANYONE could visit our blogs. . . well, I did but I never thought about it like that either. You have really got me thinking. How do I make mine private?
Kari,
This is a VERY scary thought. I never even considered the wacko's out there! I pray God protects our babies pictures! I too would never have thought anything about it!
Thank you for the wake up call!
I think I will be a little more careful with what I post from now on.
I'm so sorry. I can't believe I missed the part about your birthdays! Happy Birthday! And YES!!!!! we all now hoe special this time of year is. I promise I still vividly remember you carrying her through the nursery! And what a "skinny" child she was, LOL! ALL fo your children are stunning and well behaved.
Kari, she is becoming so grown up. She looks like Elise in those pictures. Yes, her birth is quite something to celebrate. God has been good to you! And He shines on his favorites too! She looks like an Angel with those chubby cheeks. Happy birthday to you too.
Post a Comment