11.18.2008

Commercial for moms or any other clean freak

My life is crazy busy right now...research papers due, a 3000 square ft. home to pack up to move, a 7 day trip to prepare a family of 6 for, a wedding to plan, a "pre" thanksgiving dinner to plan for Saturday, sunday school lesson to prepare for Sunday and the list goes ON!!!

BUT I thought I would take a brief moment to fill you in on the latest gadget I've fallen in love with. I'm sure you've seen or heard about the little handy steam cleaning machines you can pick up for about $30 at Walmart or Target...well, I never tried one so I can't say how they perform but my neighbor let me borrow her Shark Pro-Steam Blast by Euro-Pro. It costs $99 at Lowes, and let me tell you it is worth every single penny! It is amazing...I was cleaning my bathroom sink area and has already wiped it down with a rag when I decided to try this steam thing and when I did the additional crud it dislodged AFTER I had already supposedly cleaned was incredible. I cleaned my fridge with ease...the steam just blasted the junk out of all the little rubber seals and hinges. The only thing I think is that you should have a shopvac with a small attachment nearby to suck up the debris as the steamer doesn't do that, the directions say to have a rag handy to wipe up the mess which works fine for small jobs, but a job like my refrigerator needed a bit more...I just let the mess fall to the floor then I sucked it up with the vacuum later.
Lastly, after my refrigerator, sink, stove, microwave, window sills and countertops were sparkling, I swept the floor and used the steamer's floor attachment to sanitize the floor. Little chunks of gunk that I had been to lazy to scrub up for days came up with ease! My floors were so clean and with no dulling or sticky residue. The fresh steam clean smell just made me the happiest housekeeper on the planet. I will say it isn't the most quiet machine I've ever used...I was cleaning out our empty 55 gallon fish tank to sell on craigslist, (such a fun chore hubby left me with) I had my head in the fish tank with the steamer and I had a few moments of feeling like I was inside a jet engine) It produces a LOT of steam too...I could hardly see inside the fish tank...lol.

But overall, I was impressed exponentially. So...go out and get yourself one...I plan to as soon as I can!

3 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Thanks for the tip. I am off to buy me one. I imagine I have crud everywhere. I guess what I didn't know, didn't hurt me - but after your post, I probably have all kinds of stuff lurking. Ughh...

Denise said...

That is exactly what I need. it would go great with my roomba (in which I can't live without) and my go-duster (you know the one that is a battery powered duster). I'm gonna tell my hubby I need one. Anything for me (or at least to get his house clean LOL).

HG said...

Uh-Oh. The Garrett B&B doesn't have a steam cleaner. Obviously, we won't pass your cleaning inspection. Just avert your eyes, please. I can put the tea kettle on the stove if you must have that "fresh steam clean smell". Will you still come & stay with us if we haven't been steam cleaned?

Oh No!

Followers

Blog Archive