Well with Thanksgiving almost here and everyone on facebook posting their daily thankful post I feel a little behind in shouting out how thankful I am for so many blessings in my life. I could never post in just a few words how thankful I am in my heart for all the things God has done for me. He has truly blessed me beyond measure and I am so grateful.
One of the many things I am thankful for in particular tonight, is having taken notice of Gods hand on my life since I was a small child. I had fears and strange thoughts as a little girl but God kept his hand on me and brought me through. Looking back, not only am I thankful for the things He brought me through but I'm thankful for the things he kept me from. Now that I am grown I look around and see the messes people have made of their lives and I can only say "but by the grace of God there go I". I've watched many people make terrible mistakes that reap results they end up having to live with that have detrimental effects on their marriages, children, and existance. It grieves me; yet it causes my heart to fill with thanksgiving at the graciousness of God for sparing me such turmoil. I thank God for incredible leaders and mentors in my life; individuals who were not afraid to tell me when I was headed down the wrong path. People like Rod Fultz, Nathan Morton, Kristi Morton, Elder Morton, Mary Jo Thompson, my parents, and many others who took the time to lead me and guide me down the path of righteousness. As a teen, I could so easily have slipped to a place of misery and disaster, but because of His grace and mercy I stayed pure and escaped the grasp of Satan in my life. Of course I was not perfect, I made mistakes as much as anyone, but I am so thankful that He had mercy and longsuffering for me and picked me up. I'm thankful that the influences in my life helped me to stay pure until I married my husband. The scars and trust issues so many people struggle with today because of their past are not familiar to me.
I only hope and pray I can be such a mentor to a young person today. When I counsel young ladies, my mind goes back to the choices I had, the choices my friends had, the ones I made and the ones they made and where we are now because of them. I hope and pray someone loves my children enough to guide them as I was guided. I can do my best as a parent but they will need outside influences. I pray for this daily.
I'm also thankful for peace in my home. Even though the economy is bad and I lost my job, I have peace knowing my life is in His hands. We may not own our home, we may be living in less than desirable conditions, but God is faithful and He provides our needs.
Lastly, for tonight anyway, it was the 5th anniversary of my last chemo treatment on November 16th...I can't believe how quickly time has gone by...Ava is 5 years old. I prayed I would live to see her go to Kindergarten and by God's grace and mercy I am actually teaching her kindergarten and I am so happy and excited to do so. God has truly answered all my prayers and is faithful, just, merciful, and kind. He never leaves the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging for bread. He's my healer, my provider, my Saviour, my deliverer, my strong tower, my rock, my comforter, and the author and finisher of my faith. My hope is in Him, my trust is in Him and He holds my life in the palm of His hand. I could never thank Him enough for His unending love and concern for me. Delight thyself in the Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart!!!
Oh one more thing, I'm also very thankful for my iRobot roomba vacuum. I don't know what I'd do without it and I can't wait till I get a scoomba too.
Love to all!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
11.21.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
►
2014
(2)
- ► 06/01 - 06/08 (1)
- ► 03/23 - 03/30 (1)
-
►
2013
(36)
- ► 05/12 - 05/19 (1)
- ► 05/05 - 05/12 (1)
- ► 04/28 - 05/05 (1)
- ► 04/21 - 04/28 (1)
- ► 03/17 - 03/24 (1)
- ► 03/10 - 03/17 (1)
- ► 03/03 - 03/10 (1)
- ► 02/17 - 02/24 (3)
- ► 02/10 - 02/17 (2)
- ► 02/03 - 02/10 (7)
- ► 01/27 - 02/03 (6)
- ► 01/20 - 01/27 (2)
- ► 01/13 - 01/20 (7)
- ► 01/06 - 01/13 (2)
-
►
2012
(13)
- ► 12/30 - 01/06 (1)
- ► 12/23 - 12/30 (1)
- ► 10/14 - 10/21 (1)
- ► 09/09 - 09/16 (4)
- ► 08/19 - 08/26 (1)
- ► 06/17 - 06/24 (1)
- ► 01/15 - 01/22 (1)
- ► 01/08 - 01/15 (2)
- ► 01/01 - 01/08 (1)
-
►
2011
(24)
- ► 12/25 - 01/01 (1)
- ► 12/18 - 12/25 (1)
- ► 12/11 - 12/18 (1)
- ► 12/04 - 12/11 (1)
- ► 11/27 - 12/04 (1)
- ► 11/20 - 11/27 (3)
- ► 11/13 - 11/20 (2)
- ► 09/11 - 09/18 (2)
- ► 09/04 - 09/11 (1)
- ► 07/10 - 07/17 (1)
- ► 07/03 - 07/10 (3)
- ► 06/19 - 06/26 (1)
- ► 06/12 - 06/19 (1)
- ► 05/15 - 05/22 (1)
- ► 03/13 - 03/20 (1)
- ► 02/13 - 02/20 (1)
- ► 01/16 - 01/23 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (1)
-
►
2010
(9)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (1)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (2)
- ► 09/26 - 10/03 (1)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/11 - 07/18 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (1)
-
▼
2009
(25)
- ► 12/13 - 12/20 (2)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (3)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (10)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (1)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (1)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (1)
-
►
2008
(57)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (1)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (1)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (2)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (1)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (2)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (1)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (1)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (1)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (1)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (2)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (1)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (2)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
- ► 07/13 - 07/20 (1)
- ► 07/06 - 07/13 (10)
- ► 06/29 - 07/06 (2)
- ► 06/22 - 06/29 (4)
- ► 06/15 - 06/22 (3)
- ► 06/08 - 06/15 (1)
- ► 05/18 - 05/25 (4)
- ► 05/11 - 05/18 (1)
- ► 05/04 - 05/11 (1)
- ► 04/27 - 05/04 (1)
- ► 04/20 - 04/27 (1)
- ► 03/30 - 04/06 (1)
- ► 03/23 - 03/30 (1)
- ► 03/09 - 03/16 (2)
- ► 02/24 - 03/02 (2)
- ► 02/10 - 02/17 (4)
-
►
2005
(9)
- ► 09/18 - 09/25 (1)
- ► 05/01 - 05/08 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 03/20 - 03/27 (1)
- ► 03/13 - 03/20 (2)
- ► 01/23 - 01/30 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
►
2004
(37)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (3)
- ► 12/05 - 12/12 (2)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (2)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (6)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (1)
- ► 10/10 - 10/17 (3)
- ► 10/03 - 10/10 (1)
- ► 09/19 - 09/26 (1)
- ► 08/08 - 08/15 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (5)
- ► 07/11 - 07/18 (10)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (1)
About Me
- Kari Morgan
- United States
2 comments:
Kari,
What a beautiful post! God is so faithful to keep us when we keep our trust in Him!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Thank you for that post. I am still young, and I too can see where God has placed good influence in my life to keep me from making mistakes. My parents, youth leaders, friends, preachers. God is so good!
Post a Comment