6.13.2011

Busy-ness of Life

Well school is out! It's hard to believe it is as we seem busier than ever before. Unfortunately, I have a severe procrastination disorder and have stockpiled a few projects that are now glaring at me head on.

Piper had her puppies on May 1st and it's been a rat race ever since taking care of them and working on my website to sell them. www.theaustralianlabradoodles.com

Thankfully, they all got spoken for very quickly! One is being shipped to New Jersey, one to Mississippi, and the other 2 are going to Arizona. Amazing! I am so thankful for this tremendous opportunity to breed these awesome dogs.

Now we are preparing to send them to their new homes, as well as prepare for the multiple camps we have coming up this summer. Next week, the eleven of us (six humans, five dogs) will be heading to Santa Maria for a week of junior camp. After that, Elyse will be going to Donkey Rock Teen camp, then a few weeks later, we all (sans puppies) will be going back to Santa Maria for 2 straight weeks of R&R. I cant wait! Of course, I plan to write out lesson plans and schedule some things so that the new school year starts off right.

I've had the itch to move lately; not because I don't love the house we live in now, but simply because I crave open spaces and we need more space for our Australian Labradoodle business. So we've been keeping our eyes open waiting for the right opportunity. We looked at a house a few days ago that was lovely. It was on a vineyard that belongs to the 4th largest winery in the world! Sadly, the property manager made the mistake of telling me that if the owner knew I had 4 children, he would say NO and that by no uncertain circumstances would I be able to allow my children to "run a muck" in the vineyards; consequently, I'm not comfortable with another landlord breathing down my neck. I got my fill of that last time when the landlord didn't want me planting a garden. :( Lord knows we need our own land! First of all, if I told my kids not to run around in a vineyard they wouldn't do it, secondly, how sad to live on a wide open space and not be able to take walks and see the sights? Oh well....God has something better I am certain.
Plus, moving right now would be pure insanity. So I feel so much better, especially after writing all this out! Who in their right mind would move from a house with a pool right now anyway? There are a few glitches in this house but I'll gladly tolerate them if the kids are cool and happy.

So what else is new? Hmmmmm....I de-activated my Facebook account. No real big reason really. Actually, I should re-phrase that. No ONE real reason haha! Too many to list! Number one, I'm tired of knowing too much about too many people. My brain is fried as it is! Number 2, I had so many "friends" that want to be on fb but really wouldn't give a rat's rear end to my life. Seriously! I know that sounds so self pitying and I don't intend for it to be that way but I am up to here *raises hand above head* with people inboxing me to SELL me something OR to ask me for advice or input and for me to spend my precious time answering them and then they don't even respond or acknowledge me! Seriously, I thought most of them were better friends than that. I know people are busy....boy don't I know! Duh! But it's only common courtesy to respond and communicate. So...I'm planning to focus more on my family. I'm not trying to impress anyone out in cyberspace anyway. Who cares if we are eating filet mignon. Who cares if we don't know where our next meal is coming from? Hahaha...no one that's who! I'm sure there are some who do but I'll let them either call, write, email, or find this blog. So there!
My rant for the week. I promise I won't dwell on this any longer. I know one friend, HOLLY will appreciate this little temper tantrum. Maybe. :)

Okay so now guess what? I'm going to read to Ava. She is waiting patiently for me to read to her out of my childhood Bible storybook and I couldn't be happier and more thrilled to do it.

JOY! Where are you? Don't be mad about my fb vanishment! Get over it already and just join me in bloggerville and text town k?

JAMIE! I love your blog as well as always want to stay in touch with you and your sweet family.

Another person I will miss on fb and definitely want to stay in touch with via blog. MISHA! I adore her blog and her little writings. So next time I'm on my pc I'll be sure to post a link to her blog. (I do have one on my vittles n griddles blog)

Blessings and honor to anyone taking the time to read my most random and probably my most mindless chatterfest of the year.

-- Post From My iPhone

5 comments:

Spindle 31 said...

You are amazing! Love you! Thanks for sharing!

Spindle 31 said...

You are amazing! Thankyou for sharing! Love ya!!

Kendrick Family said...

Love your blog,and love you for being so honest,and real. Looking forward to reading your blog posts. :)

Skinny Man said...

Yep, you are correct. I appreciated your temper tantrum, and agree completely. So - now you'll have time to email, text, call, and visit me... right? (like how I snuck that "visit" thing in there?).

Love you & miss you TONS!!!

Hugs,
HG

Jamie Swan said...

Thank goodness I found you before you de-activated FB! I get you on that one, the blog is a much more personal way of sharing with those who want to know! If I can just get my family to remember what my blog address is, I can quit posting the link on FB! (My own private rant). You are a busy bee, but I'm not surprised. The dog breeding sounds like it could be an enjoyable money maker!

Followers

Blog Archive