7.11.2004

A Sunday Song for you...

This song is so beautiful...it was sung at the "going home" service of a dear friend of mine who passed from this life due to IBC. She left behind 18 month old twins who were the light of her life. We don't understand these things and I refuse to try. I know that only God knows and only He can make all things beautiful in His time.

When God Unfolds the Rose


Verse 1

There’ve been times when I thought my prayers
Didn’t even reach the ceiling of the room
Where I knelt to pray
And a voice inside kept asking me
Did I think God was really listening
To anything that I had to say
But I just kept on a’praying
And holding on by faith
Knowing God was always in control
And I waited like a rosebud in the garden
For only God can unfold the rose

Chorus

When God unfolds the rose
He always does it right
When the petals are in place
Its such a beautiful sight
God knows when to hold on
And the perfect time to let go
So let God have His way
And let God unfold the rose
(Refrain- bold)

Verse 2

There are trials and tribulations
We must all go through
When it comes to heartache
We’ve all had our share
But when times are the hardest
We need to hold God to His promise
He said He’d never, give us more than we can bear
So I’ll just keep on a’praying
And holding on by faith
Knowing God is working all things for my good
And I’ll wait just like that rosebud in the garden
For only God can unfold the rose

1 comment:

Traci *Sozo* said...

Kari, That is a beautiful song! I am sitting here with tears on my face and just reading the words over and over. I am so sorry for your loss and for the loss of that family. May God hold them and you in the palm of His ever capable hand. Hugs!

Followers

Blog Archive