1.13.2005
Our spirits are willing...but our flesh is weak
I haven't blogged in awhile...that is because everytime I begin to search myself for something worthy of blogging about, I get all emotional and tweaked out about "things". I serve a BIG God...one that will NEVER let me down. Of that I am sure of. Nevertheless, my flesh is weak. Not because of my recent illness or treatment either. It's because my heart is so heavy for the one's I love who are facing extreme unfortunate circumstances right this very minute. I don't know what tomorrow holds for me-but right now I am carrying the burden of my friend's impending death. I cannot avoid blogging about it anymore. Don't get me wrong, where there is life there is hope and I believe in miracles. I would not be surprised one bit if God decided to raise Ty up and he were to ask for bacon and eggs. Until that happens though, I have to reflect on what is actually happening right now. That is the fact that he is dying. It hurts to type those words. I can truly say however, that Ty is ministering to SO many peope right now. His life is such an incredible example for us all. I was remembering that just a few weeks ago (actually about 2 months-it just seems like weeks) when I dropped Chelsea off or something, Ty came out to my truck and said "Hey partner!!!" Of course I was like "hey!!!" and we talked for a bit you know but what I was thinking was "you know we ARE partners in all of this"...some people would tell me,"no you're not because you're not facing the same battle he is" and no I may not be and no I don't want to either but rather than look at his circumstances as hopeless, I look at him as a total pillar of HOPE...I really mean that. It may not be hope to live forever but it is hope that no matter what we face, we are able to endure. He is a true picture of that hope. I don't anticipate having the same situation but I do know that if I do...I will ALWAYS be able to "be partners" with Ty and Michele. And so the title of this blog "our spirits are willing but our flesh is weak". We are willing to trod the path He has chosen for us...our flesh may get in the way with its weakness but we will overcome any and all obstacles we come against. Michele and I are planning a cancer booty-kicking Half Dome climb in the spring...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
►
2014
(2)
- ► 06/01 - 06/08 (1)
- ► 03/23 - 03/30 (1)
-
►
2013
(36)
- ► 05/12 - 05/19 (1)
- ► 05/05 - 05/12 (1)
- ► 04/28 - 05/05 (1)
- ► 04/21 - 04/28 (1)
- ► 03/17 - 03/24 (1)
- ► 03/10 - 03/17 (1)
- ► 03/03 - 03/10 (1)
- ► 02/17 - 02/24 (3)
- ► 02/10 - 02/17 (2)
- ► 02/03 - 02/10 (7)
- ► 01/27 - 02/03 (6)
- ► 01/20 - 01/27 (2)
- ► 01/13 - 01/20 (7)
- ► 01/06 - 01/13 (2)
-
►
2012
(13)
- ► 12/30 - 01/06 (1)
- ► 12/23 - 12/30 (1)
- ► 10/14 - 10/21 (1)
- ► 09/09 - 09/16 (4)
- ► 08/19 - 08/26 (1)
- ► 06/17 - 06/24 (1)
- ► 01/15 - 01/22 (1)
- ► 01/08 - 01/15 (2)
- ► 01/01 - 01/08 (1)
-
►
2011
(24)
- ► 12/25 - 01/01 (1)
- ► 12/18 - 12/25 (1)
- ► 12/11 - 12/18 (1)
- ► 12/04 - 12/11 (1)
- ► 11/27 - 12/04 (1)
- ► 11/20 - 11/27 (3)
- ► 11/13 - 11/20 (2)
- ► 09/11 - 09/18 (2)
- ► 09/04 - 09/11 (1)
- ► 07/10 - 07/17 (1)
- ► 07/03 - 07/10 (3)
- ► 06/19 - 06/26 (1)
- ► 06/12 - 06/19 (1)
- ► 05/15 - 05/22 (1)
- ► 03/13 - 03/20 (1)
- ► 02/13 - 02/20 (1)
- ► 01/16 - 01/23 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (1)
-
►
2010
(9)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (1)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (2)
- ► 09/26 - 10/03 (1)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/11 - 07/18 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (1)
-
►
2009
(25)
- ► 12/13 - 12/20 (2)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (3)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (10)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (1)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (1)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (1)
-
►
2008
(57)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (1)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (1)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (2)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (1)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (2)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (1)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (1)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (1)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (1)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (2)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (1)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (2)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
- ► 07/13 - 07/20 (1)
- ► 07/06 - 07/13 (10)
- ► 06/29 - 07/06 (2)
- ► 06/22 - 06/29 (4)
- ► 06/15 - 06/22 (3)
- ► 06/08 - 06/15 (1)
- ► 05/18 - 05/25 (4)
- ► 05/11 - 05/18 (1)
- ► 05/04 - 05/11 (1)
- ► 04/27 - 05/04 (1)
- ► 04/20 - 04/27 (1)
- ► 03/30 - 04/06 (1)
- ► 03/23 - 03/30 (1)
- ► 03/09 - 03/16 (2)
- ► 02/24 - 03/02 (2)
- ► 02/10 - 02/17 (4)
-
▼
2005
(9)
- ► 09/18 - 09/25 (1)
- ► 05/01 - 05/08 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 03/20 - 03/27 (1)
- ► 03/13 - 03/20 (2)
- ► 01/23 - 01/30 (1)
-
►
2004
(37)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (3)
- ► 12/05 - 12/12 (2)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (2)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (6)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (1)
- ► 10/10 - 10/17 (3)
- ► 10/03 - 10/10 (1)
- ► 09/19 - 09/26 (1)
- ► 08/08 - 08/15 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (5)
- ► 07/11 - 07/18 (10)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (1)
About Me
- Kari Morgan
- United States
2 comments:
Kari - thinking of you as you face this difficult time.
Thank you, Kari, for showing us a little about Ty and a little about you, and a LOT about HOPE.
Ann
Post a Comment