Ahhhhh who does not like a sparkling clean and shiny house???? I am a fool for one that's for sure. I love cleaning supplies and new gadgets and gizmos that make life easier and my house cleaner.
I also have an infatuation with bleach. Ajax, Comet, Chlorox....you get the picture, I super duper love to scrub with these products. Unfortunately, however, bleach is NOT my friend. I have absolutely failed at making our relationship work. My husband tells me "Just don't wear your good stuff while cleaning!" I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E.
I clean every single day. I would have to stay in my grubs 24/7 if I was to stay out of my "good stuff" while cleaning.
Anyhow, it's been bothering me how I can't seem to find a balance between my love for bleachiness and keeping my wardrobe intact.
Today, however, I was routinely scrubbing my kitchen when I realized to my dismay I was completely out of bleach and Comet. I had a sink with junk I really wanted out and I also had a pot I had just made rice in that had some black flecks I wanted to disappear.
I remembered though, that I had a box of Borax in my laundry room awaiting its use in my MIY laundry detergent plan. I've used Borax for many things, mostly for carpet cleaning. It's also useful for sprinkling around a place you may think rodents or insects are entering. (thank God I'm not needing it for that right now.)
Anyhow, Borax is nothing new to our household but since my love lies in bleachy products I usually reach for them instead when the need arises.
So I thought, "Well lets give this a shot and see what happens."
Oh. My. Word. It was absolutely 100% better than bleach! I used a small chunk of it to scrub the black stuff out of the pot. It effortlessly came off-and mind you before I'd scrubbed and scrubbed with hot water, dishsoap, and a scrubber to no avail.
I then got really excited. I sprinkled it all over the sink area. Then decided the grout needed scrubbing too. And the stove. And the fridge. Sheesh! See what happens when I get excited about a product? I go ape!
Once the kitchen was nice and clean, I dried everything down then used windex to shine it up. Then I put half a lemon down the garbage disposal. Then I put a new scentsy block in my scentsy warmer. Faerie Blossom to be exact. A clean and fruity smell.
Now I am at the park basking in the sunshine knowing my kitchen is glowing with non toxic cleanliness. And my dog is trying to lick me to death while I type. I think she is rather proud of me too.
Since I'm blogging with my phone I can't insert the photos where I want to in this post but here are some shots anyway. :)
1.12.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
►
2014
(2)
- ► 06/01 - 06/08 (1)
- ► 03/23 - 03/30 (1)
-
►
2013
(36)
- ► 05/12 - 05/19 (1)
- ► 05/05 - 05/12 (1)
- ► 04/28 - 05/05 (1)
- ► 04/21 - 04/28 (1)
- ► 03/17 - 03/24 (1)
- ► 03/10 - 03/17 (1)
- ► 03/03 - 03/10 (1)
- ► 02/17 - 02/24 (3)
- ► 02/10 - 02/17 (2)
- ► 02/03 - 02/10 (7)
- ► 01/27 - 02/03 (6)
- ► 01/20 - 01/27 (2)
- ► 01/13 - 01/20 (7)
- ► 01/06 - 01/13 (2)
-
▼
2012
(13)
- ► 12/30 - 01/06 (1)
- ► 12/23 - 12/30 (1)
- ► 10/14 - 10/21 (1)
- ► 09/09 - 09/16 (4)
- ► 08/19 - 08/26 (1)
- ► 06/17 - 06/24 (1)
- ► 01/15 - 01/22 (1)
- ► 01/01 - 01/08 (1)
-
►
2011
(24)
- ► 12/25 - 01/01 (1)
- ► 12/18 - 12/25 (1)
- ► 12/11 - 12/18 (1)
- ► 12/04 - 12/11 (1)
- ► 11/27 - 12/04 (1)
- ► 11/20 - 11/27 (3)
- ► 11/13 - 11/20 (2)
- ► 09/11 - 09/18 (2)
- ► 09/04 - 09/11 (1)
- ► 07/10 - 07/17 (1)
- ► 07/03 - 07/10 (3)
- ► 06/19 - 06/26 (1)
- ► 06/12 - 06/19 (1)
- ► 05/15 - 05/22 (1)
- ► 03/13 - 03/20 (1)
- ► 02/13 - 02/20 (1)
- ► 01/16 - 01/23 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (1)
-
►
2010
(9)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (1)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (2)
- ► 09/26 - 10/03 (1)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/11 - 07/18 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (1)
-
►
2009
(25)
- ► 12/13 - 12/20 (2)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (3)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (10)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (1)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (1)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (1)
-
►
2008
(57)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (1)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (1)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (2)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (1)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (2)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (1)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (1)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (1)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (1)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (2)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (1)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (2)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
- ► 07/13 - 07/20 (1)
- ► 07/06 - 07/13 (10)
- ► 06/29 - 07/06 (2)
- ► 06/22 - 06/29 (4)
- ► 06/15 - 06/22 (3)
- ► 06/08 - 06/15 (1)
- ► 05/18 - 05/25 (4)
- ► 05/11 - 05/18 (1)
- ► 05/04 - 05/11 (1)
- ► 04/27 - 05/04 (1)
- ► 04/20 - 04/27 (1)
- ► 03/30 - 04/06 (1)
- ► 03/23 - 03/30 (1)
- ► 03/09 - 03/16 (2)
- ► 02/24 - 03/02 (2)
- ► 02/10 - 02/17 (4)
-
►
2005
(9)
- ► 09/18 - 09/25 (1)
- ► 05/01 - 05/08 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 03/20 - 03/27 (1)
- ► 03/13 - 03/20 (2)
- ► 01/23 - 01/30 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
►
2004
(37)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (3)
- ► 12/05 - 12/12 (2)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (2)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (6)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (1)
- ► 10/10 - 10/17 (3)
- ► 10/03 - 10/10 (1)
- ► 09/19 - 09/26 (1)
- ► 08/08 - 08/15 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (5)
- ► 07/11 - 07/18 (10)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (1)
About Me
- Kari Morgan
- United States



No comments:
Post a Comment