2.01.2013

My Precious Nieces

I have two of the most adorable nieces on the planet. I am getting a little nephew soon as well and I just couldn't be happier.

A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be able to spend a weekend with Quinn and Skye while their parents went on a little getaway. I decided to journal our time together in a letter to them as it meant so very much to me:

"Dear Quinn and Skye,

What a wonderful and special time we had with you while mommy and daddy got to go to a very special party for work.

We had fun riding the train to come see you! We had been counting the days-it was the last hurrah of our Christmas vacation and we couldn't have been spending it better but to be with you!

I wanted to tell you that it made me very happy and proud of the big girls you are growing up to be that you didn't cry or fuss for mommy and daddy while they were gone. This to me means that you are very stable and confident little girls and that says so much for your mom and dad and how they are raising you!

There are many moments that I want to remember but I wanted to write a few of them down so we won't forget how silly, how sweet, and how loving you are.

Skye: You were swinging on the swingset when mommy and daddy left. So much fun! When Elyse came late Saturday afternoon, you were not too sure about her. You would look at her and just burst into tears! Then you would hold your little arms up to me and would not have me put you down. Of course Elyse knew this is how little girls about 17 months old are! And I was just very glad that I could provide the comfort you needed. This went on for a few hours-I cooked dinner with you on my hip and we made the best salmon together! Then we did the dishes. you loved to climb up on the dishwasher door, hand me things and say "tatoooo!!!" (thank you)

By 7:00 sharp, you were ready for bed. After your bath and warm jammies were put on, we got your binkie and went to sissies bed to lay down. You didn't waste one minute! You were fast asleep in no time. I almost dozed off myself! But then your sister needed a new movie put on so I put you in your crib and went downstairs. You only woke up 2 times during the night and then you woke up at 6:00am when it was still dark outside! I thought maybe if you got in bed with me you would fall back asleep but that was not the case! You were knocking on the wall and kicking your little feet and I knew you were more than ready to start your day so we went downstairs.

Later we went for a walk and you did not like it when I would stop the stroller! You would point your finger straight ahead and babble to me to get moving. Then when sister got out to walk, you wanted out too! You are little miss monkey see monkey do for sure.

When we got home, it was almost time for your nap, but mommy and daddy were coming and I wanted them to be able to see you so I let you stay up. You were being so silly! Shaking your head from side to side getting very dizzy I'm sure.

You are just the sweetest little punkin on the planet. I love you with all my heart!

Quinn: Oh my where do I start! I was so worried you would be upset when mommy and daddy left but you did not even flinch. You took everything in stride just like a great big girl and I am so proud of you! Of course you had times of being frustrated just like any little girl your age would, but you always bounced right back to being the darling, and funny sugar pie you are.

You do like Dora a whole lot! I was cracking up when you made poot noises after each title of episode you did not want to watch. You were also very very silly saying "poopoo" anyway you could think of! We had fun being so silly! We played the bonk heads I love you song game and you really liked the "cheese cheese please excuse my sneeze" song.

I love talking with you. I thought it was really sweet when I was laying down with you while you watched a video on my phone you kept reaching over and rubbing my face to check and make sure I was still there. I was so sleepy! You had taken a late nap so you were not so sleepy-but I knew I didn't get to spend that sort of time with you very often so I was very thankful. I was worried you were going to cry and ask for mom and dad. But you just handed my phone to me and said "I'm done now, I'm tired." And you went right to sleep.

In the morning, I had gone to sleep with Skye and you woke up and found me gone. You told me that made you sad and it made me sad too. I didn't want you to be sad! But you were very happy as we held hands and went downstairs to watch Dora. :) You had a fun day going for a walk to see cows and playing outside with Ava.

When we were being silly while watching strawberry shortcake, you were teasing me about pulling my socks off. I had holes in them and you were sticking your fingers in the holes and pulling them. I was laughing because you were so funny! Then I got distracted and looked away and suddenly you tried to take a little bite out of my leg! It hurt but most of all my heart hurt when I knew you realized you had hurt me and your tears broke my heart. You are such a sensitive girl and I didn't mean to make you feel bad-I know you were only being silly like we like to do!

You sat on my lap as we watched a few more episodes until it was time for daddy to take us to the train station. You are my sugar plum girl and I love you so much!

I will always remember this special weekend spent with my special girls.
I hope we can do it again soon!!!!"

I love my family so much and these girls are so very special to me.






No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive