Where are my manuals? I should have four big, fat, thick ones somewhere around here but they are nowhere to be found.
Yesterday was a doozie of a day. It was Monday-automatic 20 pts off there of course. Then my plan to change up
our routine was received with ball and chain like rebellion. Lazybones did not want to get out of bed due to sore muscles from a weekend of boyish activities. When he finally did wake up, he found the littles had drank all the milk so he had none and that tipped him even further off the kind and courteous chart. After a spat with his siblings, and a meltdown from said siblings, and a meltdown from mom, then prayer together, we pieced our day back as best we could and made some progress.
It was fabulous example of a true Monday. Daddy was working out of town so he was able to escape the mayhem. And the massive pile of clean laundry in my room waiting to be folded and put away. (((Sigh))) No it never ends.
I truly needed God's help yesterday and I'm so glad He helped us get through!
I need His wisdom everyday! In fact I need it again today. When those you count on as friends seem to turn away-I'm thankful that He never turns away. I have so many friends I can trust, but I am grateful I have Him I know I can trust any day or any hour.
I am very sensitive when it comes to my children and their being accepted and loved. We've always had people in our lives who make them feel that way.
When we evangelized, we were spoiled rotten. Seriously. People gave endlessly to our children. We settled in Sacramento when our oldest daughter was 4. We had so many wonderful friends there. It was amazing. So many lifelong friendships were established during that time! I can never never put into words how amazing our friends became during the 5 years we were there. Most of them are faithful and true to this very day-although miles have come between us, there is no question of the depth of our connections there.
I miss it terribly. I fact, tears stream down my face right now I miss it so badly. (Btw I lost all my phone contacts so if you're reading this do text me so I can have your number again-I have Holly and Misha but that's about it)
When we pastored a church, we were the givers, we were the ones making sure everyone felt welcome, we were the ones hosting parties and events, putting Sunday school together to minister to every child we could possibly touch. Our kids learned to be givers. They learned to minister. They learned long suffering, they learned kindness, they learned what it's like to do without. They learned what it's like to have a mama sitting at social services asking for help. They learned what it's like to have nothing in the cupboards until a few random bags were anonymously placed on our front porch. They learned to appreciate canned corn and canned beans. They learned what loneliness is. They learned how to reach out beyond themselves and draw others in. Most of all, they learned to trust God.
Now we are in a new place. A new place with new friends, new experiences, and new challenges. I truly need help with these new changes. I am believing the lessons learned here will be just as valuable as the ones from the past.
As my friends, I implore you to pray for me. :)
1.15.2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
►
2014
(2)
- ► 06/01 - 06/08 (1)
- ► 03/23 - 03/30 (1)
-
▼
2013
(36)
- ► 05/12 - 05/19 (1)
- ► 05/05 - 05/12 (1)
- ► 04/28 - 05/05 (1)
- ► 04/21 - 04/28 (1)
- ► 03/17 - 03/24 (1)
- ► 03/10 - 03/17 (1)
- ► 03/03 - 03/10 (1)
- ► 02/17 - 02/24 (3)
- ► 02/10 - 02/17 (2)
- ► 02/03 - 02/10 (7)
- ► 01/27 - 02/03 (6)
- ► 01/20 - 01/27 (2)
- ▼ 01/13 - 01/20 (7)
- ► 01/06 - 01/13 (2)
-
►
2012
(13)
- ► 12/30 - 01/06 (1)
- ► 12/23 - 12/30 (1)
- ► 10/14 - 10/21 (1)
- ► 09/09 - 09/16 (4)
- ► 08/19 - 08/26 (1)
- ► 06/17 - 06/24 (1)
- ► 01/15 - 01/22 (1)
- ► 01/08 - 01/15 (2)
- ► 01/01 - 01/08 (1)
-
►
2011
(24)
- ► 12/25 - 01/01 (1)
- ► 12/18 - 12/25 (1)
- ► 12/11 - 12/18 (1)
- ► 12/04 - 12/11 (1)
- ► 11/27 - 12/04 (1)
- ► 11/20 - 11/27 (3)
- ► 11/13 - 11/20 (2)
- ► 09/11 - 09/18 (2)
- ► 09/04 - 09/11 (1)
- ► 07/10 - 07/17 (1)
- ► 07/03 - 07/10 (3)
- ► 06/19 - 06/26 (1)
- ► 06/12 - 06/19 (1)
- ► 05/15 - 05/22 (1)
- ► 03/13 - 03/20 (1)
- ► 02/13 - 02/20 (1)
- ► 01/16 - 01/23 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (1)
-
►
2010
(9)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (1)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (1)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (2)
- ► 09/26 - 10/03 (1)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/11 - 07/18 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (1)
-
►
2009
(25)
- ► 12/13 - 12/20 (2)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (3)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (3)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (10)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (1)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (1)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (1)
-
►
2008
(57)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (1)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (1)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (2)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (1)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (2)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (1)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (1)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (1)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (1)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (2)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (1)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (2)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
- ► 07/13 - 07/20 (1)
- ► 07/06 - 07/13 (10)
- ► 06/29 - 07/06 (2)
- ► 06/22 - 06/29 (4)
- ► 06/15 - 06/22 (3)
- ► 06/08 - 06/15 (1)
- ► 05/18 - 05/25 (4)
- ► 05/11 - 05/18 (1)
- ► 05/04 - 05/11 (1)
- ► 04/27 - 05/04 (1)
- ► 04/20 - 04/27 (1)
- ► 03/30 - 04/06 (1)
- ► 03/23 - 03/30 (1)
- ► 03/09 - 03/16 (2)
- ► 02/24 - 03/02 (2)
- ► 02/10 - 02/17 (4)
-
►
2005
(9)
- ► 09/18 - 09/25 (1)
- ► 05/01 - 05/08 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 03/20 - 03/27 (1)
- ► 03/13 - 03/20 (2)
- ► 01/23 - 01/30 (1)
- ► 01/09 - 01/16 (2)
-
►
2004
(37)
- ► 12/12 - 12/19 (3)
- ► 12/05 - 12/12 (2)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (2)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (6)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (1)
- ► 10/10 - 10/17 (3)
- ► 10/03 - 10/10 (1)
- ► 09/19 - 09/26 (1)
- ► 08/08 - 08/15 (2)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (5)
- ► 07/11 - 07/18 (10)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (1)
About Me
- Kari Morgan
- United States
No comments:
Post a Comment