1.16.2013

Seaweed Snacks *Cough Cough*

I have no clue what possessed me to do it. Perhaps it was the whirlwind run to the store for toilet paper with 20 mins to spare before school teacher arrived...or perhaps it was my monthly hormone surge in action...or my undying love for sushi and wasabi tastes...or the fact it was on sale for $.98...or simply a combination of the above but for some odd and ridiculous reason, I thought maybe I would enjoy said post title. Not.so.

I ripped the package open with great hopes....when I saw the homemade green cellophane lying there in little squares and realized I'd paid nearly $1.00 for this box of air my heart sank. It must be tasty though! So I gingerly picked one out of the package, careful not to pinch it's delicate corner too harshly. Perhaps it's sort of like pop rocks or chicherones? You know, airy and flakey with a spicy wasabi kick? I popped it into my mouth trustingly.

The taste that flooded my mouth with just a mere smidge of this-whatever you call it-nearly flipped my insides outside. I am not exaggerating! I frantically reached for my coke zero that I hadn't opened yet. As I madly unscrewed the cap it commenced to baptize me and my console with its contents due to our lively jaunt from store to car moments prior. I didn't care-I poured the soda into my mouth with it still spewing foam everywhere.

What.was.I.thinking? I still don't know. But I know one thing and that is I may be a bean sprout eatin hippy girl at times but the seaweed snack effort was over the top.

Luckily, I had also grabbed a sea salt and chocolate KIND bar which saved my seered taste buds and writhing stomach from further distraught.

Thank.the.lord.







No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive