1.18.2013

The "Diet" update

Ok so I mentioned last week I was doing some major lifestyle changing right? Don't think I said it but didn't mean it and never planned to mention it again! No sirreeeee!

So...I have been 12 days with no sugar, no bread, no wheat, no pasta. What I have had that I should not have had, is rice two times, and diet soda. The diet soda I believe really messed me up. I have also had too much processed meats like sausage and deli meat. The nitrates and MSG in those is horrific.

So my goal is to eliminate those as well. It should not be too difficult to find healthy replacements.

I was not seeing the results I wanted in the first week, so I am also eliminating nuts and berries for NOW. Limiting cheese too.

I AM however, eating fats. Like butter, coconut oil, full fat coconut milk, avocados, flax oil and so forth.

Now, I have not seen the weight fall off like I'd hoped. I have only lost 1.4lbs. But...I am hoping the effort I've invested will soon be paying off. Only time and patience will tell.

Here is what I've noticed-I have no cravings. Don't get me wrong I do like cake, and if I saw a piece I can't deny my mouth might water. But it isn't consuming me. I am sleeping better at night and waking up really early without feeling groggy. I have experienced some detox type feelings-aching, lightheadedness etc. But I read that goes away. And right this moment I don't feel any of that. It's almost lunchtime and I do feel a little hungry but not like "I-must-have-a-big-mac" feeling. It's like-"my body needs fuel, what should I give it?"

So I will keep you posted! All you that care LOL

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive